- This agreement regulates the use of the remote maintenance software TeamViewer, which enables controlled access to user PCs.
- TeamViewer is a remote maintenance software of TeamViewer GmbH, Kuhnbergstr. 16, D-73073 Göppingen, Germany, which was not programmed by Sonic Labs GmbH itself. Accordingly, Sonic Labs GmbH has no insight into the source code of the program and has no possibility to understand the functionality of the program in detail.
§2 Use of TeamViewer
- TeamViewer is used for remote PC support only in connection with the speech recognition software Dragon and the dictation management system dns.comfort.
- The customer has no claim to further adjustments (e.g. of the operating system or the network administration).
- Sonic Labs GmbH decides whether and when remote maintenance makes sense. The customer hast no claim to remote maintenance – not even within the framework of a maintenance contract.
- The customer is responsible for a functional operating system environment – both for the operation of the Dragon or dns.comfort software and the “TeamViewer” software for remote maintenance.
§3 Data protection / Data security
- The customer recognizes the current connection by the background colour of the screen and can follow all actions of the support employee. He is free to interrupt the TeamViewer connection at any time.
- Sonic Labs GmbH undertakes to keep confidential all knowledge of business secrets, patient or client data and data security measures taken by the Customer within the framework of the contractual relationship and under no circumstances to disclose such knowledge to third parties.
- The customer himself is responsible for ensuring that an up-to-date data backup is available in a suitable form and that a prompt and economically reasonable recovery of lost data is guaranteed.
- Any necessary or recommended adjustments to the virus scanner will only be made after consultation with the customer. Sonic Labs GmbH accepts no liability for damage caused by viruses or other malware.
- Our data protection declaration also applies.
- Subcontracting by Sonic Labs GmbH is permitted.
- Sonic Labs GmbH carefully selects the subcontractor and verifies before commissioning, that the subcontractor can comply with the agreements made between the customer and the contractor.
§5 Conclusion of the contract
By establishing the internet connection between the customer and the computer of a support employee of Sonic Labs GmbH, the customer accepts the aforementioned conditions for remote maintenance via “TeamViewer”. This is done by the customer’s ID number and password.
§6 Place of performance and jurisdiction
Place of performance and jurisdiction is Leipzig. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
§7 General terms and conditions / Miscellaneous
It is expressly pointed out that in addition the license and general terms and conditions of Sonic Labs GmbH are part of this contract. If one of the clauses of this agreement is legally invalid, it must be replaced by the most economically effective provision closest to it.